BREWER / CELLAR OPERATOR
Three Weavers Brewing Company seeks a self-motivated, hard-working, and creative brewer for the Three Weavers production team. The brewer will report to our brewing manager and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the brewery. In this important role, the brewer will be a key player in recipe innovation, brewing, cellaring and cleaning. The brewer will follow established standard operating procedures and recipes for Three Weavers and join a bench of creative brewers focused on innovation. The brewer will contribute to a healthy company culture maintained by a positive attitude, inclusion, professionalism and our company ethos. The position reports to the Head of Brewery Operations. If interested, please email cover letter and resume.
- Maintain all quality standards set for the production of wort for all styles of beer
- Must feel comfortable multi-tasking, while keeping a high degree of attention to detail
- Fermentation vessel CIP and sanitation
- Operate mill effectively and according to SOP
- The ability to carry out all wort production from mill in to knock out
- Brew house vessel CIP and other scheduled cleaning/maintenance
- Pitching yeast from a brink or cone to cone as necessary according to SOP
- Yeast cell counts and viability assessments
- Communicate well with and help out fellow team members in any way necessary
- Troubleshoot equipment and quality issues with team
- Ability to keep accurate records throughout the shift.
- Transferring of beer via hard and soft piping to finishing vessels
- Cleaning and maintaining fermentation and finishing vessels according to standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Clarifying of beer via centrifuge or other clarifying agent according to SOP
- Record keeping of transfer yields, treatments, or other procedures
- Perform lab testing on beer such as testing gravities, yeast cell counts, and yeast viability assessments
- Daily monitoring of fermentations and adjust fermentation vessel temperatures in accordance of SOP
- Application of treatments such as dry hops, wood, or other additives according to SOP
- Monitor and correct the carbonation of beer prior to packaging
- Operate cellar equipment such as pumps, centrifuge, and bulldogs
- Assemble and break down appropriate hose and part configuration depending on process
- Cleaning and maintaining cellar equipment such as centrifuge and carbonation stones
- Maintenance, filling, and emptying of barrels
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities
- Advance knowledge of the brewing process - 2+ years of hands on brewing experience in a production environment (5,000+ barrels/year preferred)
- Excellent communication, time management, troubleshooting and organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail, commitment to quality and hard work
- Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Lead by example and represent Three Weavers positively and responsibly at all times
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift up to 55lbs to shoulder height and push or pull 165 lbs pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Job Type: Non-Exempt
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Supervisor: Brewery Manager
- Manages Others: No
- Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree or higher in related field or trade education is preferred
- Minimum Experience: Two Years
- Age Requirement: 21 years or older
- Required Travel: Less than 10%
- Driving Requirements: No
- Tools and Equipment Used: Brewery equipment and forklift
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
Equal Opportunity - We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
If interested, please email cover letter and resume.
General Application - Team Member
Three Weavers Brewing is always looking for passionate and experienced team members in sales, marketing, production, tasting room, and events. If interested, please email cover letter and resume.